A lot of men suffer from oily skin. It makes your face look super greasy and can cause bad acne problems. The main cause for oily skin is an overactive sebaceous gland, these glands are in your skin and produce sebum, which helps to lubricate your skin. But sometimes it can lubricate it too much making your face look greasy.
There are a number of ways to fight off oily skin:
- Use a facial mask - Oily skin can lead to clogged pores, so you need to do a deep cleanse to remove any excess oil. I recommend using a face mask 2/3 times a week.
- Don't wash your face more than twice a day - Washing your face too much can cause redness and tenderness, which makes it produce even more oil. So don't overdo it!
- Avoid harsh soaps and cleansers - They can cause your skin to dry out, and cause it to flake, so don't use super harsh face washes etc.
- Exfoliate regularly - Exfoliating helps removes the dead skin cells from your skin, by removing them it stops them from accumulating and clogging up your pores.
- Moisturize - You must moisturize, especially if you have oily skin. Many people think if you moisturize then it will make your skin even more oily, this is not true, it can help absorb it!